About Me

My photo
Flemington, NJ, United States
I am a father of two. Have lived in NJ my entire life, and have never traveled outside of the United States.

Friday, April 1, 2011

The GT500 front-end conversion for the Mustang GT

Download Instructions

Job Time: Approx. 2.5 Hrs

The process is good for the following:
Bumper replacement
Hood Removal (with the washer lines in the hood)

The tools used:

* Phillips screw driver
* Flat head screw driver
* 1/4" socket wrench

o 5mm socket (Lower shield)
o 8mm socket (Left & Right GT500 mounts)
o 10mm socket (GT500 Air Splitter)

* Rivet gun (4) rivets


Optional:
Tool for removing plastic push pins

Recommended Parts List:

* Front Bumper Assembly
* Front Air Splitter*
* Front Grille Assembly
* Lower Grille
* Center Bumper Support**
* Left Conversion Bracket*
* Right Conversion Bracket*
* Isolator Assembly
* Front Grille Emblem (optional)
* 2 Fog Lights w/ Bulbs / mounts
* Fog Light Wiring Harness
* GT500 OEM Hood
* GT500 Radiator cover


*You will require the Extra Bolts, and those clip/nut items I try to list them out the best I can in the write up.

3 comments:

  1. Awesome blog/instructions..have always wanted to do this to my 10' GT (also in NJ,cherry hill area). few questions..

    -where did you get the parts?
    -i thought OEM ford made gt500 parts did not fit the gt and v6?

    It would be awesome if you could help me out!

    thanks,
    Matt

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Matt,
      The parts snap right on. I did no customizing with the exception of the air inlet tube. I bought all of the parts online from GT500 owners that did the super snake conversion and bought the rest from fordparts.com

      Delete
  2. Hey Ron, Great site! I did my 09 Mustang GT into a KITT Replica. If you would like to post some pictures of it, Just let me know.
    Thanks Ted

    ReplyDelete